[geos-devel] Building GEOS with GDAL

Mir Hassan Ali mirhassanali at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 04:56:44 EST 2006

 Hi

I am trying to build GDAL with GEOS support and I am getting these linker
errors

 Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 7.10.3077

   Creating library gdal_i.lib and object gdal_i.exp
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSGeomFr
omWKB_buf referenced in function "public: virtual struct GEOSGeom_t *
__thiscall
 OGRGeometry::exportToGEOS(void)const " (
?exportToGEOS at OGRGeometry@@UBEPAUGEOSGe
om_t@@XZ)
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSConvex
Hull referenced in function "public: virtual class OGRGeometry * __thiscall
OGRG
eometry::ConvexHull(void)const " (?ConvexHull at OGRGeometry@@UBEPAV1 at XZ )
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSBounda
ry referenced in function "public: virtual class OGRGeometry * __thiscall
OGRGeo
metry::getBoundary(void)const " ( ?getBoundary at OGRGeometry@@UBEPAV1 at XZ)
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSBuffer
 referenced in function "public: virtual class OGRGeometry * __thiscall
OGRGeome
try::Buffer(double,int)const " ( ?Buffer at OGRGeometry@@UBEPAV1 at NH@Z)
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSInters
ection referenced in function "public: virtual class OGRGeometry *
__thiscall OG
RGeometry::Intersection(class OGRGeometry const *)const " (
?Intersection at OGRGeom
etry@@UBEPAV1 at PBV1@@Z)
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj ) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSUnion
referenced in function "public: virtual class OGRGeometry * __thiscall
OGRGeomet
ry::Union(class OGRGeometry const *)const " (?Union at OGRGeometry@@UBEPAV1 at PBV1@@Z
)
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSDiffer
ence referenced in function "public: virtual class OGRGeometry * __thiscall
OGRG
eometry::Difference(class OGRGeometry const *)const " (
?Difference at OGRGeometry@@
UBEPAV1 at PBV1@@Z)
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSSymDif
ference referenced in function "public: virtual class OGRGeometry *
__thiscall O
GRGeometry::SymmetricDifference(class OGRGeometry const *)const "
(?SymmetricDif
ference at OGRGeometry@@UBEPAV1 at PBV1@@Z)
ogr.lib(ogrpolygon.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSGetCent
roid referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall
OGRPolygon::Centroid
(class OGRPoint *)const " ( ?Centroid at OGRPolygon@@UBEHPAVOGRPoint@@@Z)
gdal13.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 9 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

Does anyone knows how to resolve these issues. I am using the latest GDAL
and GEOS releases.

Best Regards

Mir Hassan Ali