[geos-devel] Building GEOS with GDAL

Mir Hassan Ali mirhassanali at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 12:13:30 EST 2006

Hi Frank,

I downloaded the GDAL snapshot on 6th November 2006, so i assume it includes
the latest changes. When I compile it without the GEOS support, i.e the
following lines are commented in the nmake.opt file are commented:

GEOS_CFLAGS = -IC:/GEOS/trunk/capi -DHAVE_GEOS

GEOS_LIB = C:/GEOS/trunk/source/geos_c_i.lib
But when I uncomment these lines and try to build the API it gives me the
following link errors:

Creating library gdal_i.lib and object gdal_i.exp
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSGeomFr
omWKB_buf referenced in function "public: virtual struct GEOSGeom_t *
__thiscall
 OGRGeometry::exportToGEOS(void)const " (
?exportToGEOS at OGRGeometry@@UBEPAUGEOSGe
om_t@@XZ)
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSConvex
Hull referenced in function "public: virtual class OGRGeometry * __thiscall
OGRG
eometry::ConvexHull(void)const " (?ConvexHull at OGRGeometry@@UBEPAV1 at XZ )
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj ) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSBounda
ry referenced in function "public: virtual class OGRGeometry * __thiscall
OGRGeo
metry::getBoundary(void)const " ( ?getBoundary at OGRGeometry@@UBEPAV1 at XZ)
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSBuffer
 referenced in function "public: virtual class OGRGeometry * __thiscall
OGRGeome
try::Buffer(double,int)const " ( ?Buffer at OGRGeometry@@UBEPAV1 at NH@Z)
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSInters
ection referenced in function "public: virtual class OGRGeometry *
__thiscall OG
RGeometry::Intersection(class OGRGeometry const *)const " (?Intersection at OGRGeom
etry@@UBEPAV1 at PBV1@@Z)
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj ) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSUnion
referenced in function "public: virtual class OGRGeometry * __thiscall
OGRGeomet
ry::Union(class OGRGeometry const *)const " (?Union at OGRGeometry@@UBEPAV1 at PBV1@@Z
)
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSDiffer
ence referenced in function "public: virtual class OGRGeometry * __thiscall
OGRG
eometry::Difference(class OGRGeometry const *)const " (
?Difference at OGRGeometry@@
UBEPAV1 at PBV1@@Z)
ogr.lib(ogrgeometry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSSymDif
ference referenced in function "public: virtual class OGRGeometry *
__thiscall O
GRGeometry::SymmetricDifference(class OGRGeometry const *)const "
(?SymmetricDif
ference at OGRGeometry@@UBEPAV1 at PBV1@@Z)
ogr.lib(ogrpolygon.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GEOSGetCent
roid referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall
OGRPolygon::Centroid
(class OGRPoint *)const " ( ?Centroid at OGRPolygon@@UBEHPAVOGRPoint@@@Z)
gdal13.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 9 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

Is there something else that I need to do in addition to the changes
mentioned above to the nmake.opt file. Please note that I am using the
latest version of the GEOS API. I checked it out from the subversion trunk
and built it. It builds fine without any errors or warnings.

Best Regards

Mir