[geos-devel] Building GEOS with GDAL

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 15 12:59:32 EST 2006

Mir Hassan Ali wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am also getting these warnings for geos_c.h file. Are these of any
> significance?

Folks,

OK, I have pulled GEOS from SVN (with strk's fixes for GEOS_DLL positioning)
and built it and thinks worked just fine, including with GDAL.   With the
following caveat...

The geos_c.h.vc.in in SVN should be removed.  It is out of sync with
geos_c.h.in.  The only reason geos_c.h.vc ever existed in SVN was because
there was no way for folks on windows to generate geos_c.h which is
normally produced by configure on linux.  But there was no intention it
would differ from the geos_c.h produced normally from geos_c.h.in.

I think some of the agony relates to this.

It does still really suck that I have to configure geos on unix just to
get a geos_c.h.vc (which I copied from the geos_c.h produced on unix).

Hopefully the rules for producing the packaged source tarballs (as opposed
to pulling from SVN) will produce geos_c.h.vc for distribution?

Best regards,