[geos-devel] [Konstantin.Baumann@hpi.uni-potsdam.de: geos_c.cpp compile problems with VS 2005]

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Thu Nov 16 06:04:41 EST 2006

Wow, there are a lots of win users out there...

geos_c.h.vc AND version.h.vc in current TRUNK have
been obsoleted, the Makefile.vc reflect this by directly
including geos_c.h and version.h instead, which are created
by ./configure.

Note that ./configure itself is *not* in the SVN repository, and
will be created by running ./autogen.sh

If you can't run ./autogen.sh, that means your development
environment does not meet GEOS development environment requirements
for repository-level hacking.

In that case, you can still hack GEOS by grabbing an SVN snapshot,
which *should* include geos_c.h and version.h by now.
Note that the SVN snapshot also includes the ./configure script, so
you can also modify the .h.in files and rerun that if working
on some bugfix.

If you can't run ./configure, that means your development
environment does not meet GEOS development environment requirements
for release-level hacking.

In that case, you can still hack GEOS by manually copying the .h.in
files into .h and manually update the *VERSION* flags.

If you think this process is too annoying consider using a POSIX system
for development.

Thanks.

--strk;