[geos-devel] Solaris build problems with GEOS 3.0.0 RC1

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 13 11:47:18 EDT 2006

strk at refractions.net wrote:
> FOr issue 1) I have a pending commit (svn seems to be having
> problems). For issue 2 (classes renaming) I would think that'd
> be a libtool job to rename as appropriate. It doses rename on
> my system. Could you try updatin libtool ?

Strk,

My understanding is that the geos distribution uses the libtool version
in the .tar file, not a system libtool.  Isn't that right?  If so, it seems
the system on which the geos distribution is generated might be the one
that needs to be updated - if newer libtool's do indeed take care of
renaming.

In any event, I think having "same named" object files going into a library
is a risky practice, and may cause problems on some systems. For instance
putting .obj files into a .lib file on win32 (though I think it does not
affect our current .dll generation).

Best regards,