cmake (was Re: [geos-devel] 3.0?)

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Sep 4 01:26:01 EDT 2006

孙高勇 wrote:
> #   CMakeLists.txt for geos 3.0 by sungaoyong
> #   2006-09-04 sungaoyong at gmail.com <mailto:sungaoyong at gmail.com>
> #     Building on Cmake 2.4
> #     ------------------------------------
> #   test on windows mingw32 g++ 3.4.2、msvc 2003,linux g++ 4.1
> #   hope it's usefull

Hi,

First, I'd like to thank you on behalf of GEOS team for
this contribution!

I also run it with success!
I use Linux (Ubuntu 6.06) + gcc 4.0.3 + cmake 2.4.3 (compiled
from sources)

Here are binaries generated by cmake:
libgeos_i.a
libgeos.so
TestSweepLineSpeed

Is it possible to put CMakeLists.txt file outside the 'source' tree?
For example, to <GEOS ROOT>/build/cmake

cmake generates Makefile on the same level as automake, so
I'd suggest to put cmake outside the tree to avoid potential
conflicts with autotools (some problems may be unknown at the moment).

Is this possible to use cmake thisway?

Sandro,

What do you think about creating 'build' directory for other, additional
build systems?
There we could store: Visual C++ files, cmake files, etc.

Here is my proposal:
<GEOS>/build/cmake
<GEOS>/build/msvc71
<GEOS>/build/msvc80
<GEOS>/build/...

By the way, cmake may generate Visual C++ projects for
us, so it may be helpful to keep them up to date:
http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Features.html

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot