[geos-devel] dirlist.mk not found

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Sep 28 10:14:20 EDT 2006

francesco wrote:
> That's the funny part, there is no such file anywhere.
>
> I downloaded the latest file geos-3.0.0rc1.tar.bz2.

I thought you are bulding GEOS from CVS.
Yes, it seems there is no dirlist.mk file geos package.

> I step into the <GEOSROOT>/source directory and then run nmake /f
> makefile.vc.  In that directory the only files are:
>
> --makefile.vc
> --makefile.in
> --makefile.am

Fast fix:

Open makefile.vc file
Remove following line, near the beginning of the file:

!INCLUDE dirlist.mk

if you will get some errors like "missing GEOS_DIRLIST..."

then, at the beginning of the makefile.vc add empty variable:

GEOS_DIRLIST=

Forgive me this inconvenience.
I'll fix this problem later.

Cheers