[geos-devel] Msys Sed error

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Tue Aug 28 19:01:18 EDT 2007

> This error about unterminated s probably means that a sed command is
> unquoted or quoted incorrectly.

Right.

> Perhaps, there is a bug in MSys and sed is misused in one of autotools
> macro or something similar.

Could be.  I tried using a newer version of sed (4.1.5) but that didn't
help.  Something in the back of my mind tells me we've seen this before
on this mailing list, or maybe it was the postgresql list.  But I
couldn't find any reference to it.

> I checked the
> svn log configure.in
> and there have not been any changes applied recently,
> so I'm inclined to say there is no bug related in the GEOS build scripts.

Um, well.  That means you give up compiling GEOS with mingw/msys.  Maybe
not a great loss, but still probably worth doing.  I did a quick look at
where sed is used, but all the autoconf stuff is fairly hard to wade
through (at least for me).  Any sed experts in the house using msys?

Charlie