[geos-devel] Msys Sed error

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Thu Aug 30 01:27:28 EDT 2007

Ok got it.

> Here I've found something interesting:
> http://svn.navi.cx/misc/abandoned/opencombat/README.MINGW32
> check "Troubleshooting" section at the botton and 3rd Q&A.
> Charlie, could you check if this workaround will shoot the problem?

It wasn't this - but that gave me an idea.

The problem happened when running:

./configure --enable-swig

I tracked it down to geos/macros/ac_pkg_swig.m4, line 76:

                         else
                                 AC_MSG_NOTICE([SWIG executable is '$SWIG'])
                                 SWIG_LIB=`$SWIG -swiglib`
                                 AC_MSG_NOTICE([SWIG library directory
is '$SWIG_LIB'])

$ swig -swiglib
C:\Development\msys\local\bin\Lib
C:/Development/msys/local/share/swig/1.3.31

Which makes sed unhappy. For comparison on Linux:

On linux:

[cfis at orthoceras ~]$ swig -swiglib
/usr/share/swig/1.3.31

I didn't see much use for including this information in the config
output, so I simply deleted the offending code and the problem went
aways.  Phew.

Charlie