[geos-devel] Geos 3.0.0 RC 4 on OS X 10.5

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Dec 12 12:08:33 EST 2007

Richard Greenwood wrote:
> I am trying to build Geos 3.0.0 RC 4 on OS X 10.5.  HCoordinate.cpp
> fails because finite() is not defined. Changing it to the FINITE()
> macro fixes the problem. I notice that Revision 1.19 switched it from
> the macro to the function.
>
> I tried to post a bug report in Trac, but my OSGeo account seems to be
> completely foobar.

Richard,

This issue has been reported to the Trac and already fixed:

http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/162

If you have troubles with your OSGeo account, please follow the section
about updating, perhaps it will help:

http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid/

> Hmm, now the build is failing on:
>
> XMLTester.cpp: In function 'void tolower(std::string&)':
> XMLTester.cpp:75: error: 'std::tolower' is not a valid template
> argument for type 'int ()(int)' because function 'int tolower(int)'
> has not external linkage

Please, try to apply the fix I explained here:

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geos-devel/2007-November/003125.html

It's been also reported as ticket, but I've not applied this fix to the
SVN yet:

http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/163

Cheers
--