[geos-devel] C API Question

Anne-Leslie Dean anneldean at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 16:52:05 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to use the C-API for GEOS.  I've been
experimenting with things just to see how it behaves
and I'm wondering if I'm trying to do something wrong.

I've built two (valid, per GEOSisValid) geometries
using GEOSGeom_createLineString.  Each one contains
two coordinates (a single line segment).  Together the
two geometries form a plus (+), i.e. two line
segments, crossing each other in the center.

Upon calling GEOSIntersects, GEOSCrosses and
GEOSOverlaps, they all return false.  This is not what
I expected.

Am I making some incorrect assumptions about what to
expect?

Thanks,
Anne-Leslie Dean