[geos-devel] Re: Where did distancePointLine go?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 17:14:10 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 11:56 -0700, Stuart C Sides wrote:

(cut)

> If I manually copy CGAlgorithms.h and GeometrySnapper.h from
> "source/headers/..." to their respective include areas everything
> works fine including the ld and execution. It seems odd that the
> object modules would be in the library but these two include files are
> not moved during the "make install".
>
> Thanks
> Stuart

Ah I see now. Looking at GEOS head I see this:
http://svn.refractions.net/geos/trunk/source/headers/geos/algorithm/Makefile.am compared to GEOS 2 here: http://svn.refractions.net/geos/tags/2.2.3/source/headers/geos/Makefile.am. Since distancePointLine is in geosAlgorithm.h, it only gets installed with GEOS 2.2.x since the new header files are deliberately not installed. I do not know what the exact reasoning behind this is though.

I'm not fantastically familiar with GEOS, however I would suggest that
you will find the answers somewhere in the SVN changelog at
http://geos.refractions.net/ro/SVN.txt or by running "svn log" on a
machine with SVN installed to try and find the relevant commit.

HTH,

Mark.

--
ILande - Open Source Consultancy