[geos-devel] Can't build geos with ruby swig bindings on Mac OS

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Wed Oct 24 14:10:56 EDT 2007

A couple other thoughts.

>  From the hourly snapshot I get the same "geos_wrap.cxx: error: invalid
> conversion from 'size_t*' to 'unsigned int*'" error that I get with
> geos-3.0.0rc1,2 and 3.
>
>  From the HEAD svn version (r2029) it won't build because it can't find
> "geos_c.h" in line 1612 of geos_wrap.cxx.

So I'm confused.  SVN Head and the snapshot should be the same.

After I remedied that, it
> built OK, but then again the *same* issue of "LoadError: no such file to
> load -- geos" error when I typed "require 'geos'" in the irb console.

 > irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'foo'
LoadError: no such file to load -- foo from
C:/Development/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require' from
C:/Development/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`require'

It just means it can't find the file - not that you can't build the
bindings.

Charlie