[geos-devel] RFC 2 for GEOS

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Apr 9 18:45:07 EDT 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> For your delectation, a draft of RFC2. We will hold off on voting on
> it until we approve RFC1, for obvious reasons :)
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/RFC2
>
> Please add any edits you wish or comment on the list.

Here are my comments:

1. I'm not sure I'm the right candidate for SVN admin regarding required
privileges to OSGeo infrastructure/LDAP. I'm only allowed to admin
selected OSGeo services like Buildbot, FTP, gdal.org, install/remove
software.

2. I'd propose to add a note saying:

Every developer position in the project is represented by an individual,
so commit access can be granted to an individual only.

3. I believe it's a good idea to complete the technical responsibilities
with a note like this one:

Every commit introducing new feature shall/must/... be covered with
corresponding test case included to the GEOS set of unit tests
(trunk/tests/unit)

4. IMHO there is lack of a few technical issues, but I assume we will
add it later on, like:

- branching strategy (explain what's stable branch, etc.)
- basic coding guidelines

both explained on separate and *short* wiki pages.

Greetings
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net