[geos-devel] Incubation Status

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Apr 18 11:45:44 EDT 2008

PSC,

Our OSGeo incubation is coming along pretty well.  When RFC2 is
passed, we'll have the governance side done.

- The code provenance review is probably the largest outstanding piece
of work. I have volunteered to complete it, hopefully it won't take
long. The volume of code is large, but the number of committers is
small, so I am optimistic.

After that we will be pretty close to being ready to ask for
graduation. A few things still need to happen:

- Downloads and last bits of fixed infrastructure moved from
geos.refractions.net to osgeo.org.  I wonder if someone (hobu?) would
volunteer to help with that. It involves setting up the nightly
snapshots, doxygen generation, and download section on osgeo
infrastructure, mostly.

- Completing the items in the incubation checklist:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GEOS_Incubation_Status
- Getting all our committers to officially assent to RFC2 on the mailing list.

So, all in all, going well, from a bureaucratic PoV.

>From a practical PoV, the general silence on the list is disturbing...
we have outstanding bugs, we have people (from Safe, at least) working
the code base... there should be more noise.  Corporate PSC members,
please ensure if you have staff assigned that they try and integrate
into the community a bit more... open source, it's not just a job,
it's a lifestyle.

Thanks!

Paul