[geos-devel] Re: GEOS Incubation

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Aug 11 15:02:20 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 10:32 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
>  Did we
> get all the existing authorized commiters to agree to the terms of
> RFC 2?  I don't recall.  It might be worth noting in the last item of
> the incubation status.

The PSC members did, implicitly at least, when approving RF2. That
leaves a few folks out. Hopefully we can get everyone on Mateusz'
email chain.

> 1) I'd like to see the PSC making some decisions (RFCs, approving releases,
> etc) to demonstrate that the PSC is operating effectively.

> 2) I'd like to see some active contribution from several parties.

I don't disagree, though I don't know what the magic word is... the
last time GEOS had significant development activity was when
Refractions was funding Sandro for a reasonable chunk of his time.

I will be pursuing a few of our corporate members for some assistance
in putting together a fund to have a maintainer available.

Paul