[geos-devel] Delocalizing the WKT writer?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 28 15:38:09 EDT 2008

Sean Gillies wrote:
> Yep, works. Any objections to the changes?
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/changeset/2172

Sean,

It looks ok to me.

> Would anyone like to see me use a macro instead?

If we were to propagate this mechanism further in GEOS I think it
should be wrapped up as a class or something.  For this limited use
I suppose it is ok.

There is an example C++ class (objects of which can be instantiated
to establish a scope of "C" locale-ness) in gdal/port/cpl_conv.h
(CPLLocaleC).  The nice thing is that it cleans up the locale setting
cleanly when the object falls out of scope.

Best regards,