[geos-devel] Simplifying adjacent polygons

Bill Zissimopoulos geos at billz.fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 20 13:03:39 EDT 2008

Thank you, Chris and Martin, for your answers.

It sounds this is more complicated than I thought. Currently I am
solving the problem by specifying a smaller than needed
simplification tolerance. While this is not optimal it (mostly) works.

It certainly would be nice if GEOS implemented such a feature: in
many applications one wants to simplify multiple polygons that are
related to each other rather than just individual ones. I may take a
look at implementing it myself if I find the time in the future.

Bill