[geos-devel] how can I install GEOS on xp?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 20 10:34:18 EDT 2008

陈泰生 wrote:
> Dear
>   I have download GEOS3.0.0, but I failed to install it on my computer! I used
> windows xp and visual c++6.0. So, could you tell me how to install(build) it on
> windows!

ts_chen,

I don't think VC++ 6 is up to building GEOS.  I would encourage you to download
or otherwise acquire visual studio 2005 or 2008 express and try with that.  I
believe it should work with the provided makefiles. If you have some makefile
problems, try grabbing the 3.0 branch from SVN or perhaps use:

   http://home.gdal.org/tmp/geos-3.0.1a1.tar.gz

Best regards,