[geos-devel] Fw: 3.0?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sat Nov 1 09:47:26 EDT 2008

> Yes, I'll try and do that this weekend, but it will be towards the end, as
> am away for the weekend.
>
> Regarding the SVN checkout - I tried this, however I noticed that the
> files required for configure to work are not present. [You might have to
> make some allowances for my inexperience here!!]. I take it this is
> normal, and one should use autogen.sh I tried this, however it didn't work
> and I got some error messages, which I can't remember off the top of my
> head so I had to use the tarball.
>
> Have a good weekend
>
> Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Yes, if you pull from SVN then you need to run autogen.sh to generate the
configure script which requires the GNU autotools to be installed. If
you're still struggling, I've uploaded a copy of the 3.0 branch after I've
run autogen.sh here: http://pastebin.siriusit.co.uk/geos-3.0-svn.tar.gz.

ATB,

Mark.