[geos-devel] Thread Safe CAPI RFC acceptance...

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Mon Nov 3 19:10:32 EST 2008

I agree.  Some parts of the JTS API are not reentrant, and I'm not sure
if this got transferred to GEOS.  And I have no idea what other
non-reentrant things might have crept in.

Since I can't vote knowledgeably, I will simply abstain.  (Like a good
Canadian...)

strk wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 01:15:15PM -0800, Paul Ramsey wrote:
>
>> Reference is here:
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/RFC3
>>
>> Looks good to me.
>>
>> Martin, Matz, Howard, Gary, Dale, votez!
>>

> For what is worth, I think Chuck has a point in not willing
> to advertise reentrancy if not verified.
>
> The definition for "Reentrant" given in RFC3 requires
> checking under the CAPI layer to see if the core lib
> isn't using statics itself.
>
> I don't think it does, but I'm a bit outdated on latest
> developments...
>
> --strk;

Martin Davis
Senior Technical Architect