[geos-devel] Unclear objects lifetime and ownership issues in Monotone Chain components

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Thu Sep 25 12:05:01 EDT 2008

Mateusz,

IMO you're on the right track with the idea that
MCIndexSegmentSetMutualIntersector owns the segChains that it
allocates.  They can be deleted in it's destructor.

I don't see the design problem.  What's wrong with having complex
long-lived structures which allocate internal objects, and then free
them when the structure is itself destroyed?

--
Martin Davis
Senior Technical Architect