[geos-devel] Boost License compatibility

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Apr 8 15:57:40 EDT 2009

Folks,

"mloskot, You Are Not A Lawyer!"

However, I'm trying to understand compatibility of the terms of LGPL
and Boost License [1].
I'm looking for someone who would be able to confirm if
it i (or not) forbidden to copy/rewrite/port parts/solutions/algorithms
from source of GEOS to a source licensed under the terms of Boost License.

Here is a short comparison of Boost License and LGPL [2] and I'm worried
that Boost's requirement of:

"Must grant permission to copy, use and modify the software for any use
(commercial and non-commercial) for no fee. "

forbids such activity (copying).

[1]
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Boost_License
[2]