[geos-devel] [Fwd: [Boost-users] [boost] Formal Review: Boost.Polygon starts today August 24, 2009]

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Aug 25 09:14:02 EDT 2009

Hi Devs,

I saw this this morning and thought it might be of interest to the
postGIS and GEOS teams. What caught my eye was the connection to Graphs
which implies to me topology in this case. This might give us the tools
needed to handle polygon coverages and do things like simplify a
coverage while maintaining topology of the edges and and common edges
between topologically connected polygons. I'm only guessing al this from
the write up below but it sounds promising.

Maybe someone with more technical guts knowledge can review this for its
potential value to GEOS and/or PostGIS.

ATB,
   -Steve