[geos-devel] 3.1.0rc2

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Fri Jan 30 20:00:20 EST 2009

This is just an observation.  I've seen a lot of these type failures in my garden tests and just ignored them.

This for example happens often if you in PostGIS create a MULTIPOLYGON by collecting valid polygons that happen to intersect in some way
and then pass this to ST_Union. Those are invalid anyway so of course its not that big of a surprise they fail.

I'm just wandering if maybe as part of intermediary process, the union algorithm is creating such invalid multipolygons