[geos-devel] GEOS cross-heap problems

strk strk at keybit.net
Wed May 13 02:49:58 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:19:23AM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Paul Ramsey wrote:

> >I'd like to hear from others on this.
>
> OK - though I don't see the downside.  Downstream packages only need
> to check for, and use GEOSFree() if they want.  We are just adding a
> new option, not altering an existing one or removing anything.

Agreed, no compatibility problem adding a GEOSFree.
Only, it'll have to stay (I've read Mateusz suggesting using
type-specific destroyers).

Worth going throught the CAPI header files and properly document
when to use GEOSFree on the return right above the function.

PS: I've noticed Frank added a ChangeLog entry manually.
    Was that the way ? As I haven't touched it :(

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!