[geos-devel] Holes in holes

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Nov 26 20:47:17 EST 2009

Sandro,

Sandro Santilli wrote:
> A polygon with an hole in an hole is a multipolygon formed by a
> polygon with an hole
> and another polygon inside that hole. It is OGC-valid.

Thank you.

I have another remotely related question, that concerns the direction of
a polygon ring (CW or CCW). When I create a polygon with the
createPolygon factory method and pass it a number of rings, do I have to
take care that they spin in the right direction, or will GEOS make sure
that a correct polygon is created?

If I understand the OGC docs correctly, the actual direction does not
matter but they require holes to spin the other way than exterior rings?

Bye
Frederik