[geos-devel] [Fwd: [Boost-users] [boost] Formal Review: Boost.Polygon starts today August 24, 2009]

strk strk at keybit.net
Wed Sep 2 05:53:25 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 11:39:32AM +0200, Barend Gehrels wrote:

> I just debugged the Geos area routine, what could then be the reason
> that it is relatively slow? It might be that it is accessed as a vector,
> indeed, but not as an iterator, so getting points using "return
> (*vect)[pos]" is not efficient as it could be using iterators. Besides
> that it is probably no problem to make the getAt function inline.

getAt is a virtual function, can't be inlined.
Templates would make it a lot better, but far away
from 1:1 mapping with Java.

Beside, how do you handle memory management in GGL ?

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!