[geos-devel] Building on Windows

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Apr 20 18:22:32 EDT 2010

Alex Trofast wrote:
> Greetings GEOS developers,
>
> I have the pleasure of porting Ingres Geospatial to Windows and hence I
> now must also compile GEOS. I have VS2008 and I used the solution files
> in build/msvc90/ and they built fine for me, putting the .lib and .dll
> files in the Release directory. What I'm wondering is, does GEOS use a
> certain structure when installing on Windows such as:
> geos
> geos\bin\geos_c.dll
> geos\bin\geos_c_i.lib
> geos\inc\geos_c.h
> geos\inc\geos\version.h
> And so on... Or is this up to whoever uses it/software project that uses
> it? Is there already a sort of packager, installer in GEOS on Windows?
> Any help is greatly appreciated
>
> Thank you,

Hi Alex,

I'm not a GEOS developer, I'm a packager like yourself (I package GEOS
for use with MapServer for Windows)...and I see that nobody responded to
you.  Well I'm in the same situation as you, so, feel comforted now :)

For the record, I also use VS2008, and I compile through the VS2008
command prompt.

I don't think there is a standard for installing this package on Windows
- basically it's up to you to decide that.

So, I don't have much info for you, other than yes there are a few of us
Windows packagers lurking around! :)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna