[geos-devel] EWKB and M component

Aron Bierbaum aronbierbaum at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 11:29:09 EDT 2010

We have recently ran across some data that we are trying to load from
PostGIS that contains a fourth M component. [1] We quickly noticed
that the GEOS WKBReader does not support a potential M component. Are
there any plans to improve support for this extra component?

Since we really don't care about this fourth component, and we didn't
want to attempt to add a fourth component to the Coordinate class, we
extended the WKBReader to simply strip this extra component. I have
attached a patch for review.

Thanks,
Aron

[1] http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-devel/2004-December/000710.html