[geos-devel] Snapping bug ?

strk strk at keybit.net
Fri Dec 3 11:55:00 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 03:23:43PM +0100, strk wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 11:02:35AM +0100, strk wrote:
>
> > GEOS/JTS in sync
> > (I checked and synched, only additional snapToSelf was missing).
>
> So, Martin.
> After a closer look I found that indeed GEOS wasn't checking
> for duplicates as JTS was. BUT: reading the code JTS seems to
> be only checking for duplicates when snapping segments, not vertices.

Moreover, the check for duplicates found in snapSegments seems
to be useless to me, in that findSegmentToSnap will not return
a segment only snapping to endpoint, which means you'll never have
a coordinate being a duplicate of previous.

Please give me a case failing by dropping that check if I'm wrong
(I couldn't find one).