[geos-devel] deprecate non-thread-safe CAPI interfaces

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 22:42:56 EST 2010

On Feb 10, 2010, at 5:26 PM, strk wrote:

> I'd like to deprecate non-thread-safe version
> of CAPI interface in next release, and stop providing
> them for new methods.
>
> If anyone sees a reason not to do that please scream
> before it's too late (you've plenty of time).

The proposal would be to stop providing new methods and method updates for the non-thread-safe API, correct?  While I'm generally in support of this, I think it is one release too early.  I think that people are just now undertaking the development efforts to use the thread safe API in their software, and we should give folks a bit more time before we pull the rug out.  Let's wait until 3.4 instead of doing it in 3.3.

Howard