[geos-devel] deprecate non-thread-safe CAPI interfaces

strk strk at keybit.net
Thu Feb 11 12:36:29 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 09:42:56PM -0600, Howard Butler wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2010, at 5:26 PM, strk wrote:
>
> > I'd like to deprecate non-thread-safe version
> > of CAPI interface in next release, and stop providing
> > them for new methods.
> >
> > If anyone sees a reason not to do that please scream
> > before it's too late (you've plenty of time).
>
> The proposal would be to stop providing new methods and method updates for the non-thread-safe API, correct?

What I mean is that when *new* interfaces are added,
only the version taking GEOSContextHandler would be provided.

And (I meant) all other ones not taking that handler would
be marked with "deprecated" attribute so warnings come
out at build time (only for GCC I know how..).

Can still wait for the second part (deprecation), but I
think it makes sense for the first part (stop *adding*
the bare ones).

  /\   http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html