[geos-devel] Pending Commit: changes to single sided buffering & ogc validity checking

strk strk at keybit.net
Fri Jul 16 15:39:25 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 02:38:52PM -0400, Andrew Ross wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation Paul. Very much appreciated.
>
> My apologies for prolonging this thread with one more question. In terms of
> coding style, does it make sense to have the copyright notices for each
> change in the code as this example? Should copyright notices from previous
> modifications ever be removed? Please point me at the style guidelines if
> this is already defined. Thanks again.

There's no official style guidelines as far as I know
(but could be wrong). What I try to do is follow the style
I find in the file being edited.
I started with TAB indenting for instance, but as others prefer
spaces we're somewhere slowly moving there, for new code.
You'll find a mix of TAB and spaces but hopefully only in different
files.
Changing the style of files has a bad effect on history tracking
and regression debugging.

About copyright, old notices shouldnt' be removed unless
you're sure nothing is left from the original author.