[geos-devel] C/C++ Standards, switches ordering

strk strk at keybit.net
Fri Jun 18 09:13:59 EDT 2010

Alright, as of r3006 AM_XXXX is used.
This means that you can finally override the CFLAGS
yourself w/out loosing the important ones (-ffloat-store,
-DGEOS_INLINE, -DNDEBUG). The first one is mandatory,
the second two are controlled trough ./configure switches
(--disable-inline, --disable-cassert)

But also you won't loose the -pedantic -Wall -ansi -Wno-long-long,
which might be not what we want (ie: how does a user asks for
a build w/out those flags ? -no-flag ?).

I kindly ask anyone to test their build with their existing
configure scripts to catch any problem with the current
setup.

--strk;