[geos-devel] Building on Windows

Alex Trofast alex.trofast at ingres.com
Fri Mar 19 08:56:36 EDT 2010

Greetings GEOS developers,

I have the pleasure of porting Ingres Geospatial to Windows and hence I
now must also compile GEOS. I have VS2008 and I used the solution files
in build/msvc90/ and they built fine for me, putting the .lib and .dll
files in the Release directory. What I'm wondering is, does GEOS use a
certain structure when installing on Windows such as:
geos
geos\bin\geos_c.dll
geos\bin\geos_c_i.lib
geos\inc\geos_c.h
geos\inc\geos\version.h
And so on... Or is this up to whoever uses it/software project that uses
it? Is there already a sort of packager, installer in GEOS on Windows?
Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Alex