[geos-devel] getCoordinateDimension() - ticket 311

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Wed May 26 12:19:52 EDT 2010

I have to disagree.  Mathematically speaking the topological dimension
is a counting number (e.g. in the set {0,1,2,...}.  I don't see any
reason why this shouldn't be represented as an integer value (and plenty
of reasons why it should - e.g. ordering, comparison, etc)

strk wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 01:56:25PM -0700, Martin Davis wrote:
>

>> Maybe strk is right, and this should be changed to an enum. Perhaps the
>> enum could be defined as
>>
>> XY = 2
>> XYZ = 3
>> XYZM = 4
>> XYM = 5 ?
>>

> My enum suggestion was for the spatial dimension, not coordinate dimension.
> PUNTUAL/LINEAL/AREAL kind of enum.
>
> --strk;
>
>   ()   Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer
>   /\   http://strk.keybit.net/services.html

Martin Davis
Senior Technical Architect
Refractions Research, Inc.