[geos-devel] Dimension Changes

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon May 31 12:31:47 EDT 2010

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I have no immediate plans to dig into this though I might if it
 > impacts Ingres.

Folks,

OK, I soon ran into lots of issues with 3D geometries with "nan"'s in them.
I have filed ticket:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/348

and applied several changes (as noted) in order to alleviate dimension related
problems.  The primary downside is that my limited autodetection of geometry
dimension (based on looking for NaN in Z) will make it difficult to preserve
geometries that legimately have NaN for Z.   This isn't important to me, but
it could be to others.

Best regards,