[geos-devel] TopologyException makes GEOS/JTS very difficult to employ in my production environments...

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 11:26:31 EDT 2010

Howard, I know well how foss development works. So, my email wasn't
meant to ask someone to solve things for me. In this project I'm not
in the position to make such choices. I've just been able to move
little money to ask strk a first, basic analysis. I absolutely agree
with the commercial philosophy behind foss, and when I will be able to
manage enough money I won't easitate to invest it in that way.

I'm just surprised to see not so many issues raising from this
topology problems, as GEOS/JTS are maybe the most widespread libraries
used in the gfoss ecosystem. No problems when using it as a data
repository, but as soon as I use it massively for geometry processing
I face, almost everyday, thie TopolyException. So I was simply
wondering what the others think about this, if they have solved it
somehow. OS is also sharing best practices, isn'it? I don't want to
steal industry secrests to anyone, just share ideas...

Giovanni