[geos-devel] Upgrading to geos 3.3.0 broke all our codebase !

Maxime van Noppen maxime at altribe.org
Fri Jul 8 04:48:56 EDT 2011

Hi,

I upgraded to geos-3.3.0 and it broke all our code base. :( The
offending change was the use of virtual inheritance which broke all our
static_casts. The « easy » fix is to s/static_cast/dynamic_cast
everywhere, but that increases the runtime cost...

I follow (I think) all the mailing lists related (geos-* and postgis-*)
and don't recall this being discussed. Have I missed something ? And if
not, what was the rationale behind this change ?

Thanks,

--
Maxime