[geos-devel] Diff between "self-intersect" and "ring self-intersect"

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:42:54 EDT 2011

Hi,
I'm using the spatialite to do some spatials elaboration.
Spatialite will use the Geos . try-ing the test of validity on the
geometries I'm having some warning message .

Substantially there are three kind of message but I dont know the real
difference between the two type of message.

the message are:

"GEOS warning: Ring Self-intersection at or near point ..."

the other is :

"GEOS warning: Self-intersection at or near point ..."

and the third is

"GEOS: warning: Hole lies outside shell at or near point ..."

Thx,

--
Andrea Peri