[geos-devel] Second beta for ffi-geos extension now available

Daniel Azuma dazuma at alumni.caltech.edu
Thu May 12 12:46:00 EDT 2011

Just a little opinion on this, as I'm actually starting to use ffi-geos. If it is to be the de facto ruby binding for GEOS, it should expose the same flexibility that GEOS provides, including control over when and whether to produce a prepared geometry, so that clients that need that level of control can have it. A transparent implementation is very useful and could also be done, but it should be an optional API that can be turned on or off.

Daniel