[geos-devel] JTS perspective on typing of prepared geometries

Martin Davis mtnclimb at telus.net
Fri May 13 00:19:45 EDT 2011

FWIW, if JTS Geometrys were based on interfaces rather than concrete
classes, I would have defined PreparedGeometry to be an implementation
of the Geometry interface.  This would have made all access uniform.

In practice I don't think it matters all *that* much, since you are
usually using PreparedGeometrys in a very deliberate, narrow way.
However, it could be useful for some forms of access - such as indexing
based explicitly on Geometry objects.

Someday I hope to release a JTS 2, which will definitely be interface-based.

Martin