[geos-devel] GEOS-3.3.0rc1 released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 19 15:34:28 EDT 2011

On 11-05-19 01:03 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> On 11-05-17 04:32 PM, Paul Meems wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I've just downloaded GEOS-3.3.0RC1 and try to run nmake on a Win7 with VS2008
>> Pro.
>> After a while processing I get this error:
>> NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
>> 'geomgraph\EdgeIntersection.obj'
>> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
>> 9.0\VC\BIN\nmake.EXE"' : return code '0x2'

Paul, others,

I have made a few fixes in trunk related to this:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/changeset/3372

The changes to Makefile.vc are specific to this building approach.  But
the other changes could affect other builds.  One was declaring assert
for SegmentPointComparitor.h.  Another was a problem when GEOS_INLINE is
not defined and the last was a problem building with NDEBUG.

Hopefully we could issue an RC2?

Best regards,