[geos-devel] Moving to github

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Sep 21 11:44:28 EDT 2011

On 21/09/11 16:25, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 08:48:03AM -0500, Howard Butler wrote:

>>> I'd be happier with an OSGEO solution.
>>
>> I do not have a strong opinion either way.
>
> For the time being, I've created a "libgeos" organization on github
> ("geos" was taken already) and added those who I could clearly
> recognize already having an account on github as owners.

Great.

> If anyone has time to do a proper import (with correct authorship
> information) please go ahead. I can setup a new sync cronjob on
> the new import.

What is your preferred way?
I maintain GDAL at GitHub according to these:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UsingGitToMaintainGDALWorkflow

IOW, how someone can make the import, so you can configure the cronjob
on different machine/setup?

> One of the good things about git is that it doesn't matter where
> the import is done, as you move the whole thing on every node so
> moves w/out any effort to osgeo once it's ready.

Also, you can continue comitting to the SVN repo (see my notes above),
and it is easier to view code and to review code.

Cheers,
Member of ACCU, http://accu.org