[geos-devel] Line intersections

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sun Apr 29 16:05:06 EDT 2012

Hi!

thanks for the suggestions. All of that seems rather expensive to me. So in the
end I wrote the intersection check myself: Create std::vector with all line
segments, sort the vector. Go through the vector in two nested loops. Outer
loop goes through all segments, inner starts from position of outer plus one
until it finds a segment thats outside the envelope of first segment. Check
for intersection with usual line segment intersection check.

Nearly 30 million segments fit easily into memory and the whole things takes
not even 30 seconds including reading in of data etc.

Jochen