[geos-devel] ST_Snap

Martin Davis mtnclimb at telus.net
Wed Feb 29 11:14:15 EST 2012

Snap-rounding is a well-defined technique for eliminating robustness
problems when overlaying arrangements of line segments.  The original
paper is by John Hobby; another good paper is this one by Goodrich et al:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~goodrich/pubs/snap.pdf

Google gives lots of references to various papers. As always, there is a
big gap between the papers and a practical implementation!