[geos-devel] M-coordinate support

luca paganotti luca.paganotti at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 05:37:42 PDT 2012

Hi Mike,

I agree with you about the M-coordinate support in geos, there are some
cases in which this support is a must.

For example I'm using geos to represent 3D points changing their position
in time so to have M seems really necessary, but I can be wrong, this
support is already built in.

To be able to use geos with ZM points I've lightly modified and rebuilt
geos tailoring it only to my needs. I've not done any kind of analisys or
deep thinking about it so it's only a very raw support for M, but that was
I needed.

P.S. I made also a little post to this list some time ago saying that, but
I received no answer, maybe it was not so interesnting or I was missing
something that could give me M-support without rebuilding the modified
library.

Best regards

lp