[geos-devel] [GEOS] #560: GEOSGetCentroid EMPTY returns COLLECTION EMPTY rather than POINT EMPTY

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Jun 25 02:53:28 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 10:27:37AM -0700, Martin Davis wrote:
> Makes sense.  I've changed JTS to have this behaviour as well.  Also
> for interiorPoint.

I saw the InteriorPointArea class still returns non-null from
getInteriorPoint, as it returns a newly created Coordinate with
values from result of centre(getEnvelopeInternal()).

Or maybe it's dereferencing NULL ?
In other words, what's supposed to be returned by EMPTY.getEnvelopeInternal ?

--strk;

> On 6/22/2012 8:14 AM, GEOS wrote:
> >#560: GEOSGetCentroid EMPTY returns COLLECTION EMPTY rather than POINT EMPTY
> >  Reporter:  strk        |       Owner:  geos-devel@…
> >      Type:  defect      |      Status:  new
> >Component:  Default     |     Version:  3.3.4
> >  Severity:  Unassigned  |    Keywords:

 Sent from our free software