[geos-devel] Do we still need/are maintaining AUTHORS - All in favor of #3 please vote say eye

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Aug 8 10:07:53 PDT 2013

  AUTHORS is part of the GNU Coding Standards for package distribution,
  authors.svn is a service thing.

I'm not clear on authors.svn, but in general when migrating from a
centralized VCS (e.g., CVS or svn) to a distributed VCS (e.g., git, hg,
etc.) one needs an authors file that defines a mapping from the
usernames in the centralized VCS to the full name and email address as
used by the DVCS.  Perhaps authors.svn is intended for that, or to help
those using git-svn bridges.